Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Musical Interlude: Visual Kei


When I begin new projects, I generally immerse myself in new reading and fresh music. These days, the music is coming from bands influenced by the ヴィジュアル系 (visual kei) movement in Japan. The style is known for its use of bright colors, bold costumes, and androgynous looks derived from manga. Many of the bands fuse musical styles, from metal to jazz to pop. You're unlikely to hear any of this music via mainstream U.S. media; enjoy!


* The GazettE: Cassis

* SID: Natsukoi

* Zoro: Kitsune

* An Cafe: Snow Scene

* Cinema Bizarre: Lovesongs (English language)
.

5 comments:

Matt Fahmie said...

Have you ever listened to the band Tool. They are my absolute favorite band and unique in every way. Lyrically, I don't believe anyone comes close to the depth of their work. Unique in every way. Check out this video someone made of their song lateralus on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY

Matt Fahmie said...

Here is one more from Tool. The song is called 46 & 2. I feel this one you will definitely respect. It is about the evolution of the unconscious. Video description: Lyrics and Video for the Tool song Forty Six & 2 The Shadow as defined by Carl Jung 46 & 2 chromosomes explained by Drunvalo Melchizadek

The Financial Philosopher said...

Thanks for sharing, Dr. Brett. Music certainly is both cause and effect of brilliance.

Matt, I share your passion for Tool -- truly the thinking person's rock!

Cheers and the best of Season's Greetings to all...

Kent

BirdMan said...

Doc
You are too much! I can see you are not succumbing to the mind numbing repetitiveness of listeing to music from the "old days"!
Happy Holidays to all!
Dave

Soberba Insônia said...

You´ve gotta listen to this song. I used to play it a lot when I went aboard a trade and I just saw the candles confirming my choice.

Plus it makes me calm to take nice decisions after the entrance, even in a chaotic market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhOfC4FOaeE