Friday, June 26, 2009

Six Questions Worth Asking at the End of the Trading Day

* What opportunities did I miss and what could have alerted me to those opportunities?

* When I took heat on trades, what could I have done to enter at better prices?

* Was the level of risk that I took in trades commensurate with my conviction in the trade ideas?

* What were the themes and markets driving prices today that I should be alert for tomorrow?

* What are the themes, economic reports, and markets that might drive prices overnight that I should be alert for in the morning?

* What kind of trades are making me money? Where am I losing my money? What can I do about that?
.

3 comments:

Steve said...

You're are a Godsend to ALL traders.

THANK YOU!

Gustavo's Trades said...

Good note! Important to always double-check what is going on and how you're responding to it.

Portuguese translation here:
http://gustavotradesbrazil.blogspot.com/2009/06/seis-perguntas-importantes-ao-final-de.html

Cheers!
Gustavo

Andrea in San Diego said...

I love the questions. I am going to add them to my trading journal.