Monday, August 18, 2008
No Bulls In This China Shop and Other Market Ideas
* No Gold Medal For This Market - China's Shanghai A index continues to make new lows, having been cut by more than half in the past year. Whereas we've seen a bounce in U.S. stocks since mid-July, no such strength has been evident among China's shares. Note falling commodities as well; this is not a market that's pricing in growth.
* Austrian Economics Perspective - Ray Barros examines the implications of free-market economics.
* A Grand Slam System - bzbtrader offers a tested system idea that looks like its name.
* Poker and Trading - Eerie similarity among patterns of mistakes chronicled by Don Miller.
* Oil and Equities - Are they really correlated? Market Rewind takes a look. See also his take on gold and the U.S. dollar.
* Changing Market Patterns - Excellent analysis from MarketSci shows how patterns have shifted among Treasuries.
* Options for Rookies - Mark Wolfinger offers his take on the perils of overconfidence.
* Locating Longer-Term Value - Nice Market Profile perspective from Traders Tee Time.
* Tracking Markets - A few tools and perspectives for assessing market direction from My SMP.