Friday, October 05, 2007

Developing a Trader Strengths Questionnaire

Dear Readers,

I'll be returning to the U.S. from Australia shortly, so will resume posting after that. In the interim, I'm asking readers to assist with the writing of an upcoming post. I would like to develop a questionnaire to assess trader strengths: positive behaviors that are associated with being a successful trader. What do you consider to be the most important strengths for a trader? Please send your ideas as comments to this blog post (not by email, please) and I will incorporate your insights into the draft questionnaire.

My hope is that the questionnaire will help traders identify their strengths, but also identify where they need further development. Such self assessment can aid in goal setting and self mentoring.

Thanks for your help with this. When I'm finished with the draft questionnaire, I will post to the blog so that all can make use of it.

Brett