Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mad Props To Jason Goepfert At SentimenTrader.com

Maybe it's a case of great minds thinking alike or perhaps it's mass hysteria, but it looks as though Jason Goepfert and I have tackled the same topic today: the very high put-call ratios. My recent post focused on equity-only ratios; Jason goes well beyond those data to look at who is buying and selling options and how that compares with historical norms. His special report on the topic is absolutely first rate. If you're not a subscriber, consider a free trial.

I'm not commercially affiliated with SentimenTrader; nor does Jason even know I'm posting this. But, hey, when I see a solid, original, and thoughtful piece of research on a topic relevant to traders *and* investors, it's worth a shout out.

4 comments:

heywally said...

While Jason may leave me 'over thinking' the market at times (because of all of the info that he provides), his resource is one of the few I wouldn't be without. Price is reasonable too.

Brett Steenbarger, Ph.D. said...

I'd agree with you there, HeyWally. I feel very similarly about the Market Tells service from Rainsford Yang. Lots and lots of information. What I find is that it's best to look at the weight of the entire evidence. Sometimes you'll get different studies pointing to similar conclusions. Those occasions are worth keeping in mind--

Brett

heywally said...

Thanks for the pointer to "Market Tells" - some VERY valuable info there, especially for anyone who is trying to trade further out than intraday.

Brett Steenbarger, Ph.D. said...

Yes; Rennie Yang has some excellent analyses as part of his service. The combination of different patterns from different sources, including one's own research, is extremely powerful--

Brett