Saturday, November 18, 2006

Performance Resources for a Saturday

Not captivated by Michigan-Ohio State? Here are some resources to check out on a Saturday afternoon:

* I've bookmarked my recent, favorite entries on the Trader Performance page, including the most recent post that finds common ground across different trading theories.

* This is the first biofeedback application that I'm aware of that is uniquely marketed to traders. I've used biofeedback to monitor my body's level of arousal during trading and have found it to be quite useful.

* Downloadable Market Profile resources from WINdoTRADEr.

* At the Futures Trading Summit, I had a chance to preview the new version of TraderDNA and the many performance metrics it offers. I don't know of anything more complete; it spits out reports on your trading, allowing you to frame goals for self-improvement.

* Ninja Trader offers a free version of their order execution software for simulation purposes and conducts training sessions for users. This is a great way to learn markets and test out strategies before risking your capital. I especially like how performance reports are built into the simulation.

* I get questions about Market Delta as a performance tool because I utilize it in both my own trading and in working with traders. Here are video resources that show traders how to use the program to read volume patterns in the market. Trevor, BTW, can get you free admission to the excellent FIA Expo later this month.

There are some good tools for traders out there, if you look hard enough!